Saturday, April 4, 2009

My experience blogging

Blogging is a beneficial assignment which should be continued. EDU 3217 introduced me to blogging, an activity which most people are doing now. If it was not for EDU 3217, I would still be lagging behind as I never thought that blogging would be of such fun. Now I understand why people like to blog! Dr Edwin does not want us to be dinosaurs in schools when students are all technology savvy.


Blogging for EDU3217 has taught me how to be reflective in writing. My first few posts were merely retelling what I have learnt in class and talking about Teiresias. After seven posting, I found out that 3 of my blogs are not reflective. The class was advised to visit some of our classmates’ blog to see how they blog. Indeed, their blog entries are great! They wrote about what they really think, not just retelling. Later, I had some idea about being reflective.


I have enjoyed beautifying my blog, making it look pink and uploading some relevant pictures to make my posting more attractive. If not, it will be too wordy. Of course, it is not all about making it look good. The content has to be there too. Blogging requires me to rethink about what I have heard in class and what I have read. Previously, I would read or listen and that’s it. No more thinking after that. But blogging has changed the way i think for the better. Now, whenever I blog, I would think critically about what I have learnt.

Thanks to Dr Edwin, who put this as a course assignemnt! =)

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you. Before this, I have posted 6 blogs and Dr. Edwin actually thinks that 3 of them are not reflective. I felt lost as I did not really know how to make the blogs look more reflective. I did not even know how to edit so, I just left them as they are and continue blogging.

    Well, I think the blogs on simulated teaching and blogs should be reflective enough since those are blogs based on my own experience and own feelings. I really hope they are reflective enough for Dr. Edwin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Yvonne ;)
    You have become more reflective. As for me, this whole experience of blogging is very new. I have zero experience in this arena before.When Dr Edwin asked us to blog, it came to me as a real challenge. Luckily I manage to overcame the challenge and get things right. Let us pray that we will end this course as a bright reflective teacher. Amen ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that blogging is a really good experience.. We seldom have the chance to use online applications as one of our assignments, this blogging experience is really a once in a lifetime thing for all of us.. =)

    I think blogging is an opportunity for us to apply our own opinions and thoughts to the lesson that we have learned in class.. In a way, we involved ourselves more actively in the classroom, indirectly, and it had definitely enhanced our understanding towards the input that we have received in the lesson.

    Thank you to Dr. Edwin for giving us this chance to blog.. And thank you to all my coursemates to write all these blogs for me to enjoy reading and commenting..

    HAPPY BLOGGING EVERONE !!!

    Jasmine wong ^_^

    ReplyDelete